Saturday, January 15, 2011

A New Year A New Adventure

I've never been much of a cook, in fact I tend to think that the kitchen is evil, and should be used only by those that actually know what they are doing, and potentially enjoy being there. But last year I learned that I really do enjoy baking, many a cupcake was made and consumed last year. So this year I'm going to try to cook more, which is to say at least some at home.

This comes from a desire to eat healthier, fast food eventual gets old and tiring, and is just so very bad for you. So I've made a goal to cook at home. I was going to try not to eat out at all for the month of January. That only lasted a week, but that was one full week of eating at home. And now that the second week of the month is coming to an end, I need to go back to the grocery store and start eating at home again.

On the menu for the next couple of days includes tonight, Greek Chicken Salad on homemade pitas, tomorrow Chicken Gyros with sauteed vegetables and garlic rice pilaf, Monday leftovers and maybe some spinach salad. Tuesday some Asian Chicken and Broccoli, and probably a trip to the grocery store to figure out more choices.

I can't wait to see how these meals turn out, as I experiment with new and exciting foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment